Confused about which appliances you really need and how much you should be spending on them? Read on for a few handy tips on what to think about and look out for…
Treat buying an appliance like an investment
They’re pricey and therefore need to last – so think about your new appliance as an investment. Immerse yourself in customer reviews and expert reviews (Which.com is a good place to get the latter).
Features to consider when buying kitchen appliances
- Energy efficiency
Appliances like refrigerators and dishwashers are the biggest energy drains – so make sure your appliance ENERGY STAR Qualified. For example:
- Samsung fridge freezer from appliancesdirect.co.uk- This will save you a heap on your electricity bill, and also reduces lead, chlorine taste and any odor in the drinking water it dispenses.
- BOSCH Dishwasher - This fast and quiet dishwasher’s “eco-sense” technology reduces energy usage by up to 20%, consumes minimum water and features a sanitize option to better destroy bacteria and improve finish.
- Clever design
If you invest in an appliance that has been specially designed to save you space, then it’s an investment worth making. For example:
- Danby compact gas range –With an easy-to-clean and scratch-resistant porcelain surface and featuring four burners and an oven, this range requires minimum space and is ideal for cottages and studio apartments.
- The Breville Juice and Blend - Featuring both a blender and a juicer in one unit, this space-smart appliance expertly processes and blends vegetables, juices, smoothies, soups and dips, and has been designed to maximise on shelf space.
Again, if you’re making an investment, you want that investment to last. For example:
- Whirlpool KitchenAid food processor – Designed to last forever, this processor’s powerful 700-watt motor chops, purees, slices and dices effortlessly in minutes.
Consider buying appliances that ideally won’t need much maintenance at all, but if they do, ensure that they are easy and inexpensive to maintain.
- PRO-SERIES coffeemaker – Its stainless steel coffee urn is easy to clean, and maintains its good looks even with regular use.
So before you buy, make yourself a list of desirables and measurements, as well as what ENERGY STAR rating you want to go for – and then go grab yourself a good investment; a tumble Dryer bought at appliancesdirect.co.ukwill set you back a lot less than other places online, for example.by Read More